Friday, January 25, 2008

only 5 more shifts left

I am getting excited because I only have 5 more shifts of work left, starting tonight, and ending wednesday, but then I am off until 3 months after the baby is born. I know I am going to be run down from feedings every 2 hours and no sleep, but the thought of not having to go to work and deal with any patients for that long is so nice.
I am a little nervous though because I have been having LOTS of cramping and Braxton-hicks contractions, which means my body is getting ready for labor. I feel like I am ready sometimes, but then I feel scared. People have described it as the worst pain of their lives. The pressure from the internal exam from my midwife last week was hell, and I am sure labor is much worse. The good thing though is I will finally have my baby. I have been waiting about 12 years for this, and now I am only weeks away. And my pregnancy has been farely easy compared to most. No swelling, no hemorrhoids, no pre-ecclampsia, no vomitting, I will have gained around 20-25 lbs, and I do have some "scratch" marks as Jr likes to call them, but they don't go up to my breasts like I feared. SO I am being optimistic and thinking I will have a farely straightforward labor. I just hope my labor coaches don't "freak" out or "pass" out.

4 Comments:

Blogger elle m kay said...

if this is the very detailed description we're getting for just the pregnancy, I can't wait to hear all about the labor!

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck Sarah! I can't wait to see pictures of the little one:) HEKD

12:25 PM  
Blogger sincity29 said...

you just wait LK, I'll make sure you have all the details, and Emily too.

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

3 more shifts to go. yeah!!!!!!!!

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home